THANK YOU * THANK YOU * THANK YOU
Just two examples of many from past contributors…
1991 the ‘Hunts and March RSPCA Branch’ kindly donated funds for us to build a new birds of prey aviary in memory of their Chairman, Squadron Leader Gerard Norwood. In 2016 the aviary is still wearing well and housing a wide range of birds from Little Owls to Herons for their pre-release stage of rehabilitation.
Barbara Brooks who knew us through Moulam and Horn in Heacham, food suppliers, kindly remembered us in her will. Her generous legacy enabled us to fence 2 paddocks which have been used for swans, rabbits and hares as part of their rehabilitation. We would like to build a pool in one of the paddocks once funding is available.
- Centre staff raised £1,092 at the October Craft Fair
- In December they braved the cold and went carol singing in local Gayton. Residents there gave a generous total of £67.
- During RSPCA week in April staff and volunteers raised £1,232 collecting from shoppers at Tescos in Hunstanton.
- In July the centre bi-annual Open Day was held. Organised and run by staff and volunteers a princely £4,500 was raised from those who visited and supported us.
- September saw Andrea Smith, Administrator and Alison Charles, Manager of the Centre don their running shorts to undertake and complete the half-marathon Great North Run raising £325.
Fun Day On May 28th a Fun Day was held in the Walks and the Centre raised £300 through selling cakes, jams, preserves, plants and other assorted goods on our stall. Thanks to staff who gave a day off and volunteers.
Church Tree Festival Staff and volunteers gave their time to create a beautifully ornamented Christmas Tree for the Fakenham Church Tree Festival. Donations were gratefully received from those who visited and chose our tree.
The GEAR Taking part in the 10k Great East Anglia Run in King’s Lynn at the beginning of May were Andrea Smith, Hayley McMinn, Jo Brooks and Amanda Fox all Centre staff. They raised £300 through sponsorship.
Wild About Wensum On May 16th staff gave their day off to run an information stall a the wildlife fair ‘Wild about the Wensum’ held by Pensthorpe on 16th May. These days, aimed at children (though also much enjoyed by the adults!) spread the word about wildlife and conservation.
PT Cruisers Club In April the UK PT Cruisers Club donated £1,290 to the Centre during their visit and guided tour.
We would welcome other car cruising clubs to support us as part of their itinerary.
Our Open Day raised £5,929. Thank you to all staff and volunteers who gave their time to prepare beforehand and during the day. Also to all who visited and supported us.
Hayley McMinn, Wildlife Assistant at the Centre undertook a sponsored 10 mile run and swim raising enough funds for a new purpose built Bat Aviary. Huge thanks to Hayley.